Sunday, May 12, 2013

Be Fruitfull and Multiply

So Michael Blume is doing Evolutionary Studies of Religion, and he has a post about Atheism.

May Atheism succeed demographically?
5 May 2013 by Michael Blume, posted in Evolutionary Studies

http://www.scilogs.com/nature-of-faith/may-atheism-succeed-demographically/

His question is?
Are human populations lacking any beliefs in superempirical agents doomed to demographic extinction?
My answer to his question is...
Yes, of course they are, because if they are honest they should not care.  They believe they will cease to exist at death, and all evidence of there existence will be erased when the sun becomes a red giant or if humanity escapes the inner solar system then when all life in the universe dies in the big freeze.

Here is my question; God said, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth."  Now I believe God's 'commands' are actually in our best interest. So is it our Christian duty to reproduce?

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad we pass into the spiritual realm before the big freeze. Suddenly I have a craving for ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could someone tell me Why this is the ONLY Commandment of GOD that people seem to Embrace and Practice with Enthusiastic regularity? Oh yes... now I remember. Its been a while.

    ReplyDelete